Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Paul Bley - Films · Jazz 'n (e)motion



Sumptuous out-of-print solo Bley offering from RCA France's 1997 Jazz 'n (e)motion series where this master of understatement takes a peek at favorite film themes that have entered the jazz canon in the form of standards. Exquisite stuff.

track listing:

Laura
All The Things You Are
As Time Goes By
I Got Rhythm
Someday My Prince Will Come
What Is This Thing Called Love
It Might As Well Be Spring
Married Alive

Paul Bley - piano

rec. Paris 1997

7 comments:

MUSIC THROUGH THE YEARS said...

Good morning.Just passed to say hello.This is nice music.I wish you a happy Easter.
See you
Chris

d3lta said...

Happy Easter to you too Chris!

neil said...

Great to hear some Bley shining on his own...

Rab Hines said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, I think is important you know that when your share files, many people like me, have the opportunty to listen music its impossible to listen by other way.

Excuse my english and thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog, and it is amazing of the collection you have! Keep on running, man...!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.